Thursday 25 March 2021

Pocket Card Perfection Blog Hop

 Pocket Card Perfection-

Lovely


   I'm so happy to be back, blogging and creating!!  I don't know about you, but I've experienced a real *SLUMP* lately.  So, WELCOME BACK!  This time round the blogging gals are creating with the Picture My Life (PML) cards created for the Lovely and Party Time collections, as seen in CTMH's Annual catalogue.  I'll be showing off what I've made with the Lovely PML cards.

  But first, a special Hello and Welcome to any first-time viewers.  For your information, this is a 'Hop in the round', meaning each blog is linked to the one before and after it.  If you get lost, you can visit the master list of blog- hoppers at Melinda's site- If You Bling It .  You should have come to me from Kim's blog.  Now to the pretties.

  When I first saw the Lovely paper pack, I knew I wanted to create with it, so I snapped it up!  But I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do.  And then CTMH brought out the PML cards for this Special and I KNEW!  I ended up making 2- 2 page layouts and 9 cards (actually more than that).  Here's the first layout:


When I saw the kitchen cannisters, I knew just what I wanted to do- my younger son (he's 12) was tasked with making pizza, as part of his 'at home' learning and we'd had to take pictures of the various steps to document it all- Ta Da, a layout waiting to happen!  So, here, I've integrated the Lovely ppk with 5 of the PML cards, some of the Eat, Play, Love Wooden Assortment (available in the current March/ April Catalogue), and some of the Lovely Stickers.  Notice how I coloured the wooden shapes with the Toffee and Evergreen Shimmer Brushes.  Now I just need to print off the pictures and add them!

And the second layout:


I just love this layout!  I plan to add pictures of my garden here.  I've used several of the cards, along with parts of the paper pack and stickers, and I've used the Daisy Meadows Dots to embellish.  Notice in the lower left corner the matted PML card.  It's matted on vellum, so you can see the mat below. 

It's also in a Flipflap!  Flip it over and there's room for more pictures! 


And, if you look closely, you can see that I added a little shimmer to 

some of the sticker elements

with the clear Shimmer Brush.  



These layouts came together so quickly; I can't wait to add their pictures!




  Next up are the cards I made using the PML cards.  For the cards I sat down and made a '1-sheet wonder' cutting guide, keeping in mind the card layouts I wanted to use, and then I made its complementary guide for the matted pieces.  I actually ended up making 21 cards from the guides I created but only 9 of these incorporates larger pieces of some part of the PML cards, tho there are many remnants left to use.  Here they are:


Again, I used the PML cards (in part or whole), the Lovely ppk, the Lovely Sticker sheet, along with various embellishments (mostly Blue Belle),  and a few sheets of cardstock and vellum.  Most of the cards have only 1 or 2 PML card elements but some incorporate 3 or more cards.  For example, the '&' on the You & Me card, has been fussycut from a PML card;  while the card next to it incorporates 3 different cards, a piece of cardstock and a piece of Shimmer Trim.  I tried both water-colouring the images, as well as colouring with Tri-blend and Metallic markers.  Though it does not show up well, the butterfly on the bottom left card is coloured with the Metallic markers, on vellum, folded and mounted on 3-D tape.  




And, inside the 'birdie' cards, I stamped this.


 

  So this ends my 'show and tell' portion.  I hope you've enjoyed my cards and layouts!  I urge you to order these special PML collections while they are available, so you can re-create some of the lovely (no pun intended, LOL) artwork you've seen on this Hop.

Now, 'hop' along to Wendy's blog, your next step in this Hop.  Please feel free to leave comments, we love to here from you!  Until next time, go forth and Get Crafty!






4 comments:

  1. You have been really busy. I love the layouts and especially the cards you created with this collection. Thank you for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Love the layout AND your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have created such a beautiful layout and I love the addition of the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete